Sunday, July 7, 2013

Research is you friend, folks or why I love debunking myths

Let me preface this by saying I do NOT like Barack Obama. I do not like what is going on in our country. I well believe this country could use a change in direction.

I have no problems with facts being presented but I do have a problem with pseudo-facts being passed off as facts or people simply passing off something they saw on Facebook as fact. This does more to discredit the conservative philosophy than anything Barack Obama or the left could ever dream of. Remember, research is your friend.

Some months back I had friends posting that on some particular day in March we were going to be forced to take the "mark of the beast." This was all a part of Obamacare and we were going to be forced to take it by this date. Obamacare has enough issues on its own without us making up things. I have no clue where this comes from nor do I care. It's a myth!!!

Another one that makes the rounds from time to time has a photo of a guillotine on it and a story of FEMA camps we're all going to be forced to live in. They are going to be "reeducation camps" and if we don't go along, we'll be beheaded. Hmm. Would I put FEMA camps past the government? Considering what was done to the Japanese-American population in WWII, no, I wouldn't. On the other hand, this seems to be the territory of hard-line conspiracy theorists who also seem to believe Bush blew up the Twin Towers.

What makes this laughable is the fact they give 72 locations where FEMA camps are at. First and foremost, if these are such ultra-secretive locations, how would the info be available so readily? Secondly, it lists the former site of "Blytheville AFB" as one of the 72 locations and goes on about how there are guard towers out there that are new and other "classic decorations." The funny thing is that I live about 7 miles from there and this is simply not a true statement. It was known as "Eaker AFB" when it was closed in the 1990's, not "Blytheville AFB." It is a thriving business spot now, featuring www.lightsofthedelta.com, a retirement village, a cafe, a daycare and an aeroplex where FedEx and Teleflora land.

I'm honestly not sure what to think about the rumors that Obama has a forged birth certificate. Would I be surprised? No, not really. However, it's still a matter of debate whether or not he is using one. I've seen trusted sites to say that it is legitimate and others to say it isn't. If we're not sure, let's be careful.

To sum things up, President Obama is doing enough on his own to damage this country without anyone having to result to myths and conspiracies. Focus on the facts!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment