Monday, November 10, 2014

There's nothing to fear!

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes...

Wise words from Franklin Delano Roosevelt. As a child, I found that statement humorous, but as an adult, I totally can relate to the premise President Roosevelt was putting forth in his inaugural address. 

It seems everywhere I'm turning these last few days that I see the subject of fear. From Christian memes on Facebook to my Interpersonal Communication class this afternoon, fear is being addressed. How many people deal with a crippling, paralyzing fear that controls their lives, a paralyzing fear they never share with the world? It may be something as small as a fear of public speaking, but it can be something as devastating as having a fear of leaving your house. The more we focus on what we fear, the firmer a grip it's going to hold on us.

Fear will rob you of your destiny if you allow it. God brought the Israelites out of Egypt's bondage; He was ready to take them to the Promised Land, something promised to their ancestors many years before. We know the story how it was a land flowing with milk and honey. Twelve spies were sent out to spy the land, but ten of them brought back a fearful report, a report that said the land was full of giants. Gripe, gripe, complain! Gloom, despair and agony on me! Like Roy Clark, Grandpa Jones, Archie Campbell and Gordie Tapp doing their Hee Haw skit, these ten spies were full of negative talk. Somewhere along the line they forgot that when God promises, God delivers! That whole generation of Israelites was not allowed to enter the Promised Land save Joshua and Caleb.

Isaiah 41:10 tells us this: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

We can Google any number of Bible verses dealing with fear and anxiety. God doesn't want us to fear! Going back to a previous blog where I pointed out "new level, new devil," Satan is going to come at us with a full frontal assault when God is ready to move us to a new level. God was ready to move Israel into the land flowing with milk and honey, but Satan put fear in their hearts. They missed their destiny!

Will you miss you destiny, fellow Christian? Will you allow Satan to dance around with glee knowing he kept you from a blessing? Will you instead stand up for your blessing and enter your destiny that God has prepared for you? Forget "fake it until you make it," but instead "fake it until you BECOME it!" Step out in faith, cast your fear and anxiety upon God and let Him take care of your fears!

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?  Psalms 118:6 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment